- Winner of the UniSlam Coaches Slam (March 2020)
- Winner of the Penguin Platform spoken word competition (July 2019)
- Winner of the Hammer and Tongue National Team Slam Final at the Royal Albert Hall (June 2019)
- Two-time UniSlam winner (January 2018, February 2019)
- Represented the UK and authored the ‘Best Group Piece’ at the College Union Poetry Slam Invitational in Chicago (April 2017)
- Shortlisted for the BBC Young Writers’ Award (2015)
- Three times winner of the Scottish Book Trust’s 50 Word Fiction competition (2014-15)
CURRENT ROLES AND PROJECTS
- Founder of online spoken word event, Risk aVerse
- Founding member of the Second City Poets collective. Our debut collection, Playground, is available here!
- Midlands Spoken Word Editor for Sabotage Reviews
- Freelance editor with Editana
PUBLICATIONS AND RECORDINGS
- Two poems in issue 22 of Gutter Magazine
- Two poems in issue 4 of Porridge Magazine
- Together with my poetry collective, Second City Poets, I cowrote Playground, the text version of our spoken word show. Copies are available at Verve Poetry Press.
- My Newspeak poem, ‘sexcrime’ features at the end of Hannah Swingler’s debut collection, This Dress Has Pockets.
- In December 2018 I joined Mike Alma and Joe Cook on Brum Radio Poets, hosted by Rick Sanders. We each shared and discussed some of our poems in what was a really enjoyable hour.
- In May 2018 I was lucky enough to be interviewed by the lovely Adrian Earle for the Verse First Poetry Podcast. I also got the chance to have three of my poems professionally recorded and sound designed.
- Short story (‘Fang Town’) in issue 230 of Ambit
- In 2015 I was shortlisted for the BBC Young Writers’ Award. I don’t much like my story anymore because I was seventeen when I wrote it, but here it is if you’re interested!
- MSt in Creative Writing
– University of Oxford (2020-2022)
- BA English and Creative Writing with First Class Honours, Cum Laude
– University of Birmingham (2016 – 2019)