This August I am performing at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with my poetry collective, Second City Poets. Our show Playground is on at the Scottish Poetry Library at 8.45pm on the 2nd-3rd and 6th-9th. For tickets and more information about the show, click here.
- 18th June: Performed at Penguin’s LGBT book club event, Platform Pride, as one of the winners of their spoken word competition
- 1st June: Won the Hammer and Tongue national team final in the Royal Albert Hall, with Sean Colletti, Hannah Swingler and Jamie Thrasivoulou.
- 8th May: Supported my friend Anne Gill at the launch of her debut pamphlet, Raft. It’s an incredible work and is now available on the Bad Betty Press website.
- 24th April: Performed a double set at Spoken Trend with my collective, Second City Poets.
- 14th March: Performed a duo set with the amazing Jess Syposz at Grizzly Pear.
- 22nd February: Read a set of new work at Mouth Pieces in Sutton Coldfield, plus performed some group pieces with members of the 2019 UoB slam team. More info.
- 17th February: Performed in ‘Playground’, Second City Poets’ debut show, commissioned by the Verve Poetry Festival.
- 1st February-3rd February 2019: Competed at UniSlam, the national student poetry competition, as part of the University of Birmingham’s 2018-2019 slam team. (We won!)
- Tuesday 27th November 2018: Performed with the University of Birmingham’s 2017-2018 slam team at a ‘Nature and Our Environments’ poetry reading in the Birmingham Midland Institute. The lineup was fantastic, with Nafeesa Hamid, Rupinder Kaur, and Isabel Galleymore all performing.
- Friday 9th November 2018: Supported my friend Hannah Swingler at her book launch, organised by the Verve Poetry Press. Swings is an incredible poet and I’m honoured to have a short poem of my own in This Dress Has Pockets.
- Wednesday 31st October 2018: Did a spooky set at Spoken Trend, a poetry night at The Bull’s Head pub in Kings Norton.
- Thursday 11th October 2018: Supported comedian/poet, Daniel Piper, and musician, Gecko, at the Victoria.